Job Title: Governance and Capacity Building MEAL Officer (1)
Reporting to: MEAL Senior Officer
Location: (Aden ) with frequent visits to Lahj ,Taiz , Hadramout and Marib
Project Duration: 20 months
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and Capacity -building.
The Strengthening Institutional and Economic Resilience in Yemen project (SIERY) is an initiative supported by the European Union (EU) that aims to scale up support to local authorities to maintain and increase equitable access to public services and foster social cohesion and sustainable recovery, with the long-term goal of rebuilding trust in the state and redefining the central – local relationship. The Project takes a two-step approach. Firstly, SIERY will empower district authorities with capacity development, technical support, and discretionary funding to devise and implement, in partnership with communities and local influential actors, recovery plans and to fulfil their missions in a more participatory, inclusive, and accountable, while fostering the emergence of a nation-wide compact for recovering the Yemeni local governance system in a way that can support peace- and state-building. Secondly, SIERY, as a function of an improved local economic development environment by the local authorities. Therefore, this project aims to improve livelihood opportunities through the development of institutional and economic resilience of the responsible and active district local authorities.
Purpose of the job:
The MEAL Officer in Strengthening Institutional and Economic Resilience (SIERY) project is responsible for planning, developing, monitoring, and evaluating the assigned tasks of project activities. She/He will carry out managerial responsibilities of monitoring and evaluating the overall project activities throughout the whole implementing period of the project. The MEAL Project Officer will ensure fully supervising of all activities and ensure that the project is on the right track, achieving the planned targets, and indicators and performing all the respective activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the position of MEAL Officer in Strengthening Institutional and Economic Resilience Project (SIERY) project to carry out the following Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design MEAL plans and indictor performance tracking matrix IPTT for the projects and ensure their compatibility with the commitments mentioned in the project proposals, agreements, and the systems of the organization.
- Involved in preparing the field visits plans for the team to the required team and submitting them to the line manager.
- Preparing the financial reports and documents of the daily workers
- Designing the structured questionnaires and forms for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation assessments surveys to verify the quality of interventions.
- Planning and conducting field visits to monitor the level of commitment to humanitarian work standards and the level of progress in implementing activities as well as following up workshops and training sessions.
- Follow up the implementation of training sessions and workshops with ensuring provision of an evaluation assessment, and periodically share evaluation outputs with project management.
- Supervising the daily workers with ensuring holding training courses for them to explain and review the tasks they perform.
- Collecting data and conducting individual interviews and focus group discussion with the targeted beneficiaries to verify the level of community satisfaction and follow up the level of response to complaints.
- Supervising the process of data collection using KOBO TOOLBOX from the field by daily workers and analyzing them using analysis programs such as SPSS.
- Involved in preparing success stories and case studies.
- Participating in conducting the needs assessments through conducting the several field visits during the project design period.
- Organizing periodic review meetings and sharing monitoring and evaluation outcomes with projects' team.
- Conducting baseline, end line and final evaluation surveys, including those needed for projects, and measuring the level of changes.
- Conducting verification of the beneficiaries list and submitting a report to the line manager and the project team.
- Participate in awaring the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the mechanisms and channels that put in place for submitting complaints and suggestions.
- Carrying out all required reports and send them to the line manager for review and share them with project managers (including, but not limited to: workshops & training sessions evaluation, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, baseline and end-line surveys, as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required).
- Active participation in the internal periodic meetings of the organizations.
- Ensuring archive data and documents according to the archiving system followed in the organization.
- Invest in learning opportunities and resources and work on self- learning and improving.
- Assist at raising any suggestions and feedback that would raise the level of performance in the workplace and inform the relevant persons of any matters that may affect the integrity, impartiality, and reputation of the organization.
- Compliance with the systems, procedures, principles, and institutional values of the organization.
- Other related tasks as required by line managers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in monitoring and evaluation; Engineering, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or any other field related to monitoring and evaluation with two years' experience.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning, working with NGOs in the field of humanitarian work.
- Experience in the design and implementation of M&E activities.
Skills and Qualities:
- Strong Arabic and strong English skills, written and spoken and shows high performance to write reports in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft applications, MS Office and data collecting tools using KOBO TOOLBOX and analysis software such as SPSS.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently, as well as part of the team.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and meeting management skills.
- Strong planning skills and dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of different working standards and ethics including sphere standard.