Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Reporting to: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Abyan Gov. – Lawdar, Mudiyah, Sibah, and Khanfar districts with frequent visit to the headquarter of the NMO in Aden
Contract Duration: 3 months
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely WASH, FSL, Shelter, Education, and Governance and skill-building.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Comply with NMO policies and procedures regarding code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunity, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures
- Helping in Plan, monitor, and control/participate in the budget and allocation of funds ensuring compliance with rules and procedures for projects implementation perfectly according to the time plan of the project.
- Helping in preparing plans for purchase, distribution, visibility, media, and movement. Working on projects jointly with the direct supervisor, according to the project's time plan.
- Supervising on the hygiene promotions supervisors, and community health volunteers to ensure implementing the project activities perfectly
- Helping in plan to ensure implementation of hygiene promotion activities and distributions in the field perfectly
- Preparing and supervising volunteer working schedule and their work locations according to assigned tasks.
- Preparing and submitting weekly and monthly, reports, and collecting the hygiene promotion reports from the Community Health Volunteers
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and humanitarian principles in all projects' activities
- Lead community mobilization and hygiene promotion aspect of specific WASH projects at the field level.
- Contribute to coordination with local authorities, other organizations implementing relevant activities in the targeted areas.
- Observe and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
- Monitor, evaluate and prepare reports on programmed activities; exchange information on findings, lessons learned, and best practices with government officials, programmed staff, and other key stakeholders.
- Preparation daily workers' working schedule according to assigned tasks.
- Helping in supervising of the training of CHVs in conjugate with hygiene promotion assistance to ensure a high quality of training and all its relevance and subsequences
- Supervising the survey of beneficiaries and ensuring using the correct tools for conducting this activity.
- Responding and addressing beneficiary hygiene promotion feedback and complaints at the field level.
- Monitor and report all community mobilization and hygiene promotion activities, successes stories, challenges, and lessons learn in the field and ensure there is compliance with plans.
- Explore opportunities and share the potential for expansion of the WASH project in the targeted areas.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of Hygiene promotion in the field.
- Working with WASH team to mobilize communities and community leaders to participate in project activities.
- Develop, formulate, and facilitate/lead the implementation of projects and plans of action for social and behavioral change ensuring effective programmed delivery.
- Participate in preparing plans for field and office needs according to project implementation requirements.
- Collaborate in building capacity of health awareness team members to ensure that there are fluent channels of communication in line with the timely reporting schedule and that project objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that relationships are established and maintained with communities and local government in target locations.
- Coordinating and exchanging information with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department and various sectors, participating in periodic meetings and raising plans for activities.
- Archive all data and files related to the department, save and archive them according to the system followed in the organization.
- Carry out other related tasks as directed by Hygiene Promotion Officer and WASH Program Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diplomas degree.
- Minimum 1 year' experience in hygiene promotion activities.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to withstand work pressure.
- Takes the initiative in research and learning on a personal and team level.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated towards the development of society.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Aden (even on short notice) when needed.
- High respect and commitment to the internal procedures of Nahda Makers Ability to communicate effectively with the community and colleagues.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Commitment to the aims and Humanitarian principles with respect and dignity, while working towards serving beneficiaries and vulnerable populations
- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
- Strong planning organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to write reports in both English and Arabic language professionally.
- Be a team player and ready to collaborate with others in a positive manner.
- Honest, hardworking, and committed to community development.