NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012, and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Field monitor (Civil Engineer) to carry out the following tasks:
• Coordinate with the M&E Officer on how to carry out the assessments (including, but not limited to: Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices (KAP) surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, baseline and end-line surveys, as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required).
• Reviewing designs, drawings and BOQs.
• Completely dedicated to work.
• Following-up the works of the project team and contractors for construction and rehabilitation activities with applicable technical requirements, procedures, and quality standards.
• Preparing progress and technical reports in both Arabic and English languages.
• Conducting regular field visits to the field to evaluate works according to designs, drawings and specifications.
• Analyzing the progress of the project and determining the expected deviation.
• Reviewing project progress payment and ensure that paid completed components comply with project plans and specifications.
• Participate in promoting accountability and feedback mechanism as well as record and forward all complaints and suggestions received while in the field to the appropriate Accountability Officer or M&E Officer.
• Other related tasks as required by line managers.
1- Education: University Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in Civil Engineering or related field.
2- Experience: Minimum 1-2 years of professional work experience in construction and rehabilitation works international development organizations, private sectors, or fieldwork experience.
3- Strong Arabic and good English skills, written and spoken.
4- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
5- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
6- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
7- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities with willingness to travel locally to follow-up on implementation as required.
8- Knowledge of different working standards and ethics including sphere standard.